7.26.2007

"Arcadia" by Benjamin Leitgeb


The Arcadia project was a personal challange. I tried to use all the techniques that I have learned over the last few months by my self. By the way I'm interested in the history of art and I always try to learn as much as I can from the great masters of last centuries (Caravaggio, Possin, Casper David Friedrich and so on) Maybe from there comes the slight 2d/painting touch of the final image? It's crazy that they were able to crate such amazing artwork without any dual processor, 3GB RAM workstation and two 21 inch displays :) My first inspiration was like a brainwave. I saw a picture of some old columns and five minutes later I had my first poor sketches on a piece of paper; as you know, it's important that you draw all the good ideas that come into your mind, no matter how good you can draw! After intensive sketching I came up with a desert columned hall, a crashed airplane and a divine light in the background. In my mind I sub-divided the whole scene into a foreground that shows a wreck (here I put the airplane and the jet); the space in the middle of the picture represent a hopeful presence (this is were you can see the two travellers); and finally a uncertain future ? the shining background. But enough now with this scary explanations and the art stuff :) Let's have a look at the technical part.
Click to website!!

No comments: